a deeply satisfying traditional casserole of meat, potatoes and veggies
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables cooked and drained
- 1 lb. ground hamburger or lamb
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups brown gravy, prepared (I use Orrington Farms)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup medium or sharp cheddar cheese grated
Cook and drain vegetables according to package directions and set aside.
Brown ground beef or lamb in large skillet along with chopped onion. When the meat is nearly browned, add in minced garlic and cook for another couple of minutes.
Add cooked vegetables, prepared brown gravy and Worcestershire sauce into pan and bring to low simmer for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour mixture into a deep 11 x 7 casserole dish and gently spread mashed potatoes on top of mixture, using a spatula..
Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until sauce is bubbling.
Remove from oven and enjoy!